Product code :
Maca is a radish-like tuberous root that has been cultivated and grown at high altitudes in the Andean Mountains of Peru (Junin Plateau) for thousands of years. Maca is well-known for its numerous health benefits and was part of the diet of the ancient Incas of South America years ago.
Today, maca is growing in popularity in countries like Japan, Europe and the United States due to its reputed energizing effects, fertility/libido enhancement and aphrodisiac qualities. Other traditional uses include increasing stamina and endurance in athletes, promoting mental clarity, helping with menstrual irregularities and with female hormonal imbalances, including menopause and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Maca is a known adaptogen. Adaptogens increase immunity by gradually improving the overall ability of the entire body to take on challenging and stressful situations. Maca is 100% natural and does not have any harmful side effects.
Due to maca’s high nutritional content, it is often referred to as having “superfood” properties.
Maca Powder Benefits
Maca root has many health benefits and was known to have special properties which were believed to enhance energy and stamina. It is also believed to increase the sexual desire and endurance. Maca is often termed as Peruvian Ginseng due to its natural stimulating qualities that are similar to the benefits found in the commonly known ginseng-related herbs.
Here are Maca Root Powder benefits:
- Increases energy and endurance
- Increases stamina
- Alleviates chronic exhaustion (fatigue) syndrome
- Improves sexual function in men and women
- Enhances fertility in people
- Helps to regulate menstrual cycles
- Reduces hormonal dysfunction during menopause and andropause
- Can regulate hormonal imbalances
- Aids in alleviating depression- gives a sense of well being
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Enhances memory, learning, and mental ability
- Gives skin a more youthful appearance
- Good for healthy teeth and bones
- Is an alternative to anabolic steroids, helps to build muscle
- Libido enhancer
Gelatinized Maca Powder
Gelatinized maca does not mean maca mixed with gelatin. Gelatinization is a process that breaks down starch chains, thus making the Gelatinized Maca powder more easily digested and its active ingredients more quickly absorbed by your body.
The Advantages of Gelatinized Maca Powder Include:
- The absence of starch makes it easier to digest for people with sensitive stomachs
- It is more concentrated due to the starch content being removed
- Some nutrients, including mineral content, may be enhanced through the cooking process
Both Raw Maca and Gelatinized Maca have similar taste and can be used interchangeably