Strawberry Banana Quinoa Muffins (Eggless)
Published By Admin On: 14-06-2019
Prep Time: Under 15 min
Cook Time: 1 to 2 hours
Serves: 4 people
Yield: Makes 12 Muffins
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/4 cup mashed Ripe Banana
- 1 cup fresh Strawberries, diced (or use frozen)
- Preheat Oven to 400F (200C). Line muffin pan with paper liners. Bring the Quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Cover and reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and leave the covered saucepan on the burner for another 15 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and allow the quinoa to cool.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the flour mixture
- and blend well. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and oil in another large bowl.
- Mix in the yogurt, vanilla and banana.
- Add the strawberries to the flour-quinoa mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Now add this mixture to the banana- yogurt mixture,
- gently stirring (Do not overmix) until just blended.
- Using a large spoon divide the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin cups comes out clean.
Cool in the pan. You can refrigerate the leftovers in a sealed ziplock bag/ container or freeze for up to a month.