Quinoa With Toasted Almonds, Cranberries and Chia Seeds
Published By Admin On: 14-06-2019
Makes six generous one cup servings
- 1 1/2 cups golden quinoa
- 1/4 t fine sea salt
- one cup toasted almonds
- one cup dried cranberries
- 2 T chia seeds
- 3 T honey, preferably local
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- Rinse quinoa under cold water if necessary; place quinoa and salt in 2 quart saucepan with 3 cups cold water and bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir and simmer, covered, until most of water is absorbed and quinoa is tender but nice and chewy, with fine filaments visible around the grains.
- In large mixing bowl, gently combine quinoa with remainder of ingredients.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before packing into containers.
- Breakfast quinoa will last in the fridge for 2-3 days, and in the freezer for 1-2 months.
- To heat (after defrosting), place in glass dish, cover loosely with paper towel or napkin, and microwave in 20 second bursts, fluffing with fork, until just hot.