Published By Admin On: 15-06-2019
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons water $
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar $
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced banana
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place quinoa in a fine sieve, and place the sieve in a large bowl. Cover quinoa with water. Using your hands, rub the grains together for 30 seconds; rinse and drain quinoa. Repeat the procedure twice. Drain well. Combine quinoa, coconut milk, 2 tablespoons water, brown sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Stir mixture constantly during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- While quinoa cooks, spread flaked coconut in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- Place about 1/2 cup quinoa mixture in each of 4 bowls. Top each serving with 1/4 cup strawberry slices, 1/4 cup banana slices, and 1 tablespoon toasted coconut. Serve warm.