Homemade Maca Granola
Published By Admin On: 15-06-2019
- 200g ground oats
- 100g rolled oats
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 50g sunflower seed
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons maca (more if desired)
- 100ml coconut oil (melted)
- 100ml rice syrup
- 2 teaspoons almond essence
- Handful sun-dried raisins (optional)
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 (180C/350F).
- Melt the coconut oil if it is solid.
- Grind 200g of oats in a grinder or food processor (or use pre-ground oatmeal if you have it).
- Mix all ingredients together (except the raisins which are added at the end) until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Compact down into a large pyrex oven dish (or other oven tray) and pop into the oven.
- After 25 minutes, take out the tray. Break up the granola and compact down again in the dish.
- Pop back into the oven and bake for a further ten minutes before taking out to cool.
- Allow granola to cool down thoroughly. It should crunch up to perfection when cooled. Break up into pieces and store in an airtight jar on enjoy immediately.